Manila Restaurant Reviews: Van Gogh is Bipolar, Maginhawa St.

Van Gogh is Bipolar - Slightly intimidating.

If you want to eat here, be ready to follow a set of rules posted above the kitchen window. Here are some of those rules  (in my own words of course) : Shoes should be removed at the door, you write your own order and take it to the "kitchen window", you make your own tea - Outside etc.etc.etc.

My friend and I had dinner at this resto before proceeding to the 2010 UP Fair; the food was slightly expensive, but was really good.We ordered President Roosevelt's Meal, grilled Norwegian salmon belly with organic Black Mountain Rice aka Van Gogh Rice, we also ordered this refreshing drink which I already forgot. But it was like drinking dew from plants before sunrise. Poetic? I think not, but that's the best way to describe the drink.

House Rules
President Roosevelt's Meal - Norwegian Salmon with Van Gogh Rice - YUM!, I really liked the rice! It had a different texture than normal rice and tasted heaps better - like eating  a very savory and less sticky kakanin.

Where is Van Gogh is Bipolar located? 154 Maginhawa St, Sikatuna Village 

Comments

Popular Posts